Again I am new to the 4x4 scene. I bought the Shrockworks rock sliders for my 05 Xterra. They were sent to me bare metal and I painted them with POR-15 .
Quote:
By Muzikman:
Rock sliders are just that, rock sliders. If the hi-lift is going to scratch the paint (or powdercoating) just imagine what the rock you just dove over did to it.
I am not trying to be a wuss. I know the saying "if you want to play you have to pay". I performed a 4 step process to apply the POR-15 and a POR-15 topcoat on my sliders this summer. I don't want to repaint them I don't have to. If there is a sleeve for the jack to protect the paint I just wanted to know about it. If I get stuck the paint will be around the last of my worries.
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
Oh, I missed this part. If you use the sliders you use the front part of the sider to left the front tire and the rear part to lift the rear. It wouldn't lift the entire side of the X unless you tried it from the center of the slider.
I found this image at Shrockworks:

I had assumed you used a Hi-Lift in the center. Applying the lift in the front or rear as you describe will make the truck and rock sliders angled and I could see how it could be dangerous if the jack slipped due to the angle.

I was also curious if there were any other stock locations that I was missing for the Xterra. Even though I have the rock sliders I was wondering if the jack could be used in other locations.

That just about answers my questions. Thanks guys.