Newbie hear to the forum. I have an '04 SE S/C and love it. I have had it for 2 years and so far the mods have only been a 10lb pulley, up from the stock 4lb., boost gauge, and billet grilles. I have been going off-road a lot more than I have ever had to. I have a cabin in N. Wisconsin and the stock BFG's don't cut it in deep mud and snow. Last winter I buried 'er up to the frame in a mud/snow mix and luckily was able to use my floor mats to get it our with the help of 2 random snowmobilers passing by.

So here is my dilemma. eek I just bought a set of 285/70/17 Goodyear MT/R's off ebay so I can actually get through the mess of Chicago and N. WI snow and mud. I was told they would fit by my local NTB store, I had doubts but bought them anyway. Turns out they won't fit. What is the cheapest way to get these puppies on? Shackle lift? I am not a big fan of body lifts because of the strain thaty can put on the body mount area. I used to have a '71 CJ7 and I built a '71 Bronco with my bro that has a 6" lift.

But what is a AAL? and a PML?? confused I really don't want to butcher my X to throw on these tires.