We did the same epoxy trick on my buddies oil pan. I was amazed it lasted. He got rid of the car a year later, the patch was still holding strong. FWIW, we used Devcon 5 minute epoxy and a little sandpaper to scuff up the area. I always take an extra quart of two of oil.

I've used a pair of vicegrips to grab the end of a clutch cable that had the ball break off. The fork pushed against the vicegrip pliers, which pulled the cable. Worked like new.

Used a jumper wire to bypass a thermal switch when my engine was overheating. The switch failed open, so the fan wouldn't come on. I was miles away from a paved road during the middle of Summer. The fan then ran anytime the key was on until I finally got around to replacing it.

Used a crowbar to bend the radiator bracket so the fan would no longer hit the radiator. My friend learned that a car is not meant for off-roading. laugh

Had a radiator hose blow out. Used electrical tape to close it, then drove home with my radiator cap off to keep the system from pressurizing, which would have blown off the patch. Just kept an eye on the gauge, and stopped to top up the water occasionally. Ran the heater too to help keep the engine cool.

Had a fuel pump die on a steep incline. Took the airfilter off, and poured a little gas into the carb. It would run for about 10 seconds before running out of gas again. Nursed it up and over the hill by doing this over and over. Once on level ground, I was able to drive to a parts store for a replacement. Sure miss having a mechanical pump OUTSIDE the gas tank. I don't miss the carb though.