Charrua,

It would destroy a portion of your drivetrain warranty. Axles and bearings in the rear would no longer be covered. You may also have a tough sale on the driveshaft. For those of us who have already done it, I can guarantee you we will all say unequivocably that it was damn well worth it.

Your lack of an LSD will be in your favor. The PowerTrax slips into the factory housing on an open diff. Special provisions have to be made for LSDs. Getting the clutch pack mounts out of an LSD can be quite a trick. As for any backyard mechanic doing it, I will add a little to that. You better be a backyard mechanic with an above average mechanical aptitude. If you can't even change your own oil or repack your front bearings without cringing in fear and sucking your thumb for an hour, don't even attempt it. Otherwise you will get along fine. (That wasn't meant to be a slam, just want to make sure everyone understands the magnitude of the job.)

A locker offers a HUGE advantage over a LSD. For a GOOD description of what diffs do and how they work, go to my website and visit the air locker section of my mods page. I give a full write-up on how each works and what they do and the advantages of one over the other.

Quote:
Originally posted by Charrua:
At the risk of sounding stupid.....

How would this affect the warranty?

Since I didn't get the Sport pkg on my XE, I don't have an LSD in the back. I assuming this would compensate for this.

How difficult would this be to install?

------------------
Gordon "The Warmonger" White

[This message has been edited by warmonger (edited 07-06-2001).]