Quote:
Originally posted by 2manytoyz:
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
BTW: Even the Rubicon doesn't come with a D44 up front. It's a D44 center with D30 axles and knuckles.

My X has a steel bumper.
Either way, even the basic Jeep with a Dana 30 up front is beefier than the front axle in a cast alumiunum housing on my Xterra. One tap on a rock, my housing is done.

I've seen a new Xterra without a front bumper skin. There's a piece of tin up there to hold the plastic skin in place. Certainly wouldn't withstand a jack being placed there.

Don't try this with a stock Xterra:

There are certainly better aftermarket bumpers for Jeep (and Xterras), but the stock ones work fine on a Jeep. No place to use a Hi-Lift jack on my Xterra in stock form. I've since added a hitch and looking at the Calmini bumpers -w- winch. Our Jeep will keep the stock bumpers for now. They're functional, rather than plastic. wink

As for the Jeff picture... [Spit] laugh I don't really care if it was doctored or not, still funny, and he is a poser. Nope, no Jeeps can go where he can with street tires. Pahleeze.
I can buy a skid that will protect the cast housing. Now I will not deny that the front diff in the new X's are not beefy, but be relistic here, a stock X can most likely keep up with a stock Jeep (of any model except the Rubicon).

No offense, but do you wheel? The only shots of either of your vehicles I have seen is in the driveway or on some sand.